Saturday 30 October 2010

Tip Top Toronto Part 4 - Tower of Terror

Tuesday 19 October was the first day I spent exploring Toronto. This involved seeing the city from street level and sky level. My Dad and I spent a few hours on a sightseeing tour aboard a hop on/hop off bus and saw the different areas a few times so we could take in the sheer diversity. We finished the day off with a trip up the CN Tower which gives you a fantastic view but also a smidgen of vertigo!!



Fountain dodging in the Times Square of Toronto, Yonge and Dundas Square. (My Dad nicknamed it Old and Dumbass Square).

I wasn't even going to pretend to understand what goes on inside the Toronto Stock Exchange

That's more type of building! The home of Priscilla.

Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. The tour guide explained why the windows are red but I was already too cold to listen. Riding an open top bus in October wasn't one of my best ideas!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. It's a hall of famous hockey stuff. Yawn!

Apparently St Lawrence Market has a stall that only sells caviar. I think I'll stick with Wendy's chilli.

Casa Loma. The home (well mansion) which was owned by Henry Pellattt, the guy who brought electricity to Toronto. As the tour guide kept telling us he had 59 telephones! I'd hate to pay his bill!
The Flatiron Building. The history involving distilleries was instantly forgotten but the mention of it being used in Three Men and a Baby got my attention.
The hotel the Queen stays at. I guess the 'Royal' may have given it away.

The old town hall which was used as the courthouse in the movie version of Chicago.

Union Station. The site of many Torontonian's hellos and goodbyes.

Air Canada Centre. Big sports venue. Blah, blah, blah. Sorry there is no real explanation but I heard the word sport and stopped listening.

I christen this budget barbie sightseeing bus Priscilla, Queen of Yonge Street!!

The only way is up!

Hello Toronto!!

A moment of madness before then remembering that my size and glass floors situated thousands of feet up in the air is not a good combination.

I took a wrong turning and ended up in the windy city!

Just wow!!

Me and Dad having a photo together at last!
 With my feet safely back on the ground and miniature CN towers, keyrings and magnets safely in my hand. Gift shops love me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment